• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont start(stock automatic starter ???)

i got a 88 xj wagoneer and i cat get it to start i cleaned the stater and all that stuff but nothin .the funny thing is it will turn over (and start) but then stop and try it again but nothin . the reson i think it is a remote starter is we had a 93 dodge sundance and it wouldent start if it was on or it would start in the mid of the night lol . any one no???:roll: :laugh2: :roll:

Ok...if I had this problem, and I thought my remote starter was the problem, I would deinstall it, or disable it, and then start my jeep manually, and troubleshoot the problem from there if the problem doesn't go away...

Are you saying it cranks and fires, but stops as soon as you relax on the key? That would point to a broke or bad ballast resistor. It's on the drives fender and you can jumper it with a wire to check it out.

Back