• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF is that stuff. PICS NOT 56K Friendly

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
I'm changing out my cooling system and noticed all this crap insid the block what the hell is it? Should I be worried about it?

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

Rust. The head is cast metal and those are just rust spots. You'll be fine.

When you drained the coolant was there any oil or trans fluid in it? Your w/p posts stated you were changing out the cooling system, just because? or was there a problem I didn't read about?

I'm changing out the cooling system because I developed a leak somewhere and when I started looking around I noticed that there was about 1/2" of bars leak caked up on the raqdiator neck so just to be safe I want to change everything. I've heard of bars leak doing some nasty stuff. I also have only had this jeep for about 2 months and no nothing about the maintenance history of the jeep so I just wanted to be safe.

Herpes.

Get some good radiator chem flush in there. drain everything out and run the rad chaem flush with distilled water for 6 hours. then refill with coolant mix.

Might wanna so it soon... the herp is gonna make your jeep piss red.

Don't forget....always use pre-mixed coolant, or mix your own using distilled water. Tap water will often leach minerals and cause spotting as well.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back