• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this is my plan

BaronVonRoot

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is where I am at, I have added the RE 5.5 long arm lift, 33" pro comps, currie ent, heavy duty tie rod system, stearing box support, ARB lockers, 4:88s, superior heavy axles, 30 spline front, 33 back, rear disk brake conv, Klune under drive 2.7 and a 231 terra low 4.1 with the 2 low option, (Rumor had it ya didnt have crap if ya had only 2 shifters!) protofab front bumper with a warn 8000, rustys sliders for rocker protection, soon to come tom woods drive lines, proto fab rear bumper and a exo cage.
i get the Klune next week, so I can button up the transfers and measure for drivelines, and finish up the work on the axles, I was trying to be ready for MOAB in Nov dosnt look like Ill make it unless I quit my job!!! looking forward to getting in and driving this project usually in the Garage till 11:00 pm everynight See you guys soon Dan:peace:

Give your 231 my best wishes. The Klune increases the torque beyond what the input torque rating of the 231. It will also exceed what the 4 to 1 gears can handle. So have so cut your floor yet so they will fit?

well then i will put in a atlas what I should have done in the first place they dont call it Just Empty Every Pocket for nuthing

I had the Atlas/Klune combo for awhile and loved it. I did have to extend the transfer case tunnel about 8" so it would fit. I sold it to pay some medical bills.

Guy in my club runs a Klune V with a 231. No issues. 231 handles it fine, he also runs a 350 with the AX-15. Slower than dirt. Though I would still recommend the Atlas.
I went for the 4 speed atlas II, only one inch longer than the tera low 231, and bullet proof. Plus the gearing options are great.

Cancel the klune and tera low and spring for the Atlas.

Back