• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relay panel--where/how does it mount?

slippery1972

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all...I have a '93 Country, and was in the process of replacing the broken hood-release cable, when I noticed the relay panel under the dash dangling by its wires. (It's the panel with the rear-defrost relay.) I stuck my head up under the dash, but couldn't see anywhere that looked like an obvious place for it to mount. Can anyone clue me in? Thanks in advance.

he is talking about the relay pack that gets velcroed to the dash .on the relay pack there should be some velcro then on the lower dash piece there should be the other half of the velcro.just stick it onas you reassamble

Thanks for the replies...you've got the right pack, Wil, but my wiper-delay module is velcroed to the lower dash (below the steering column). The relay pack has 2 tabs with screw holes. Any other ideas?

should be two threaded studs protruding from the bottom lip of the inside lower dash panel. The nuts that hold it on are funny looking little plastic thingys, but it sounds like you'll need to run to the hardware store since you don't mention having found them laying about.

Thanks, lilred...my XJ has a bad case of "prior-owner-itis", and a lot if the stuff in and under the dash is busted up or missing. I'll probably just zip-tie the pack up to the dash brace rod or something, as long as it's out of the way of the pedals but still accessable. Thanks again, guys!

Back