• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some D44 build advice

cloudswimmer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I bought an XJ D44 a couple weeks ago and am planning the build.Rght now I have a trussed/ladder barred/Super 35'ed D35 with JKS shock relocation studs on 33's bumpstopped with JKS aluminum pucks.My lift is a RE 5.5 super duty short arm kit with a 1 1/2" solid steel block in the rear, and acos up front.

My goal is 35's, So I was thinking a Super 44 detroit kit with the 33 spline chromo axles, 4.88 gears, a TNT 44 truss, dynatrac diff cover, and possibly the TNT 1 1/2" tall U-bolt eliminator kit with the shock relocation studs, and moving the ladder bar and bumpstops over from the 35 to the 44.

Does this sound like a decent build?I really don't have the fabrication tools, nor weld or I would do some of this myself.My plan is to buy a component or two each month as funds allow, then when I have everything maybe hiring one of you guys to help me put it all together.Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.Thanks!......................Chris

p.s. my PM box is still broke dang it! :mad:

why all the extra trussing? its a 44 on 35"s. going with the 33 spline shafts and a detroit locker is a good idea. simple and functional. I'm not to keen on the U-bolt eliminator kits. I think its a waste of effort. I haven't seen any significant issues with those that are running u-bolts. if you build it with RE antiwrap perches, you shouldn't need to use that ladder bar and youll get an extra 3/4" of lift from them. unless you go fast alot. the goal should allways be lighter and lighter.

Back