• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody seen this R-12 compressor?

Slo-Sho

NAXJA Forum User
DSC00936.jpg
DSC00934.jpg
DSC00935.jpg

Does anyone have a clue as to what the specs are on this puppy? It came out of an RV at the yard.

Last edited:
Femsa is a spanish made imitation York compressor. I dont know if they were ever OEM for anything, but you find them in some 70's pickups and van's. If I had to guess I'd say they were just a cheaper replacement for failed Yorks, but i don't know that.

that looks like the york compressors that came factor on a bunch of ford trucks and vans. they were also a dealer installed AC system on a few others, but the coolest thing about them is they make the best compressors for on board air you. should check if someone makes a converson, i've only saw them offered new in kits.

Thanks for the replies, fabricating the brackets to mount onto the engine isn't going to be a problem. It's just that I want to know if this puppy is worth it? Also if I could swap clutch pulleys that would be sweet.

Back