• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44's Out of a 89 Wagoneer

wayne2300

NAXJA Forum User
I've been offered a set of Dana44's out of 89 Wagoneer for $400. I plan on putting them in my 93xj. First, is this a good deal? Second, what would I need to modify on them or my rig to put them in? Any information would be helpful thanks.

coil buckets on the front one.

the front is very strong you can build or buy all the bracketts to set it up the rear is allso strong but the axle is narower than a xj axle other than that go for it

wayne2300 said:
I've been offered a set of Dana44's out of 89 Wagoneer for $400. I plan on putting them in my 93xj. First, is this a good deal? Second, what would I need to modify on them or my rig to put them in? Any information would be helpful thanks.

The rear axle is slightly narrower so wheel spacers would likely be needed. Of course, you'll have to weld on all the mounting brackets for the front, but that's what you'd have to do on any custom axle install. The pinion is a low pinion, but the price is right for both axles. The bolt pattern in 6 lug, so you'll need new wheels, but you'd need new wheels anyway going to a D44 front since they either have a larger bolt pattern or a 6 lug pattern.

Back