• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG, Super Swamper, Dick Crepek, Maxxis, blah blah blah...

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i been tire searchin for my first 4x4 and i have to say im a little stumped on the size of the selection... there are about a million kinds of off road all terrain and mud tires and ive resorted to posting on here for help. i wont be doing much offroading so this is more for looks than anything, and im looking to get em on a college kids budget (aka for next to nothing)
they are for my 89 xj with a rc 3" and stock 15" rims​

BFG AT's
you'll get hella miles out of them and a good ride.

http://treadwright.com/

Formerly High Tec Retreading. 31x10.50 OTR Muds. I've had 2 sets with zero problems... they come with BFG casings too... and CHEAP

:cheers:

i was running 32" maxxis on a 3" lift, its rubbed a little, but i 1" but stop could fix that problem

If you aren't going to do much offroading ( I don't know why you wouldn't !?), then the BFG AT is your best bet. It is a good all around tire (read: compromise), in everything except mud. Don't buy a mudder unless you plan on doing a lot of that. They ride rough, and result in bad gas mileage.

what the hell i just clicked on treadwright site- its pretty dern cheap in comparison to what ive seen- are these any good? anyone runnning these?

jstone8952 said:
what the hell i just clicked on treadwright site- its pretty dern cheap in comparison to what ive seen- are these any good? anyone runnning these?

I am running the 30x9.5 mud tires from them and they are GREAT in the mud!! I have been running them for a year,no tire failures or other issues at all. They suck on wet pavement and snow,but what mud tire doesn't?

Back