• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear cargo tie downs.

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
So I have quite a bit of spare parts and tools in the back of my XJ and am wanting to find a way to tie everything down nice and secure. I searched around and the only idea I found on here was to take the tie down loops out the back of a blazer. What is everyone else using to hold their tools and spare parts down? I figured I would do some looking around at the U pull it yard here and see what I find. I want something that is fairly strong and that will fold down flat so that I can still sleep 2 people in the back without a steel hook stabing in my back.

I picked up mine from Menards(save big money at Menards). They are little D-rings that are held by a little strap. The D-ring can lay flat. They are held in place by 2 bolts; one on each end of the strap. I drilled the holes and put big fender washers on the under side. Sorry, no pics. IIRC, they were the "Tool Shop" brand. I use them with ratchet straps to hold my junk down and they have worked great.

They look like this:
150086_lg.gif

Hale

Last edited:
Haleyes said:
I picked up mine from Menards(save big money at Menards). They are little D-rings that are held by a little strap. The D-ring can lay flat. They are held in place by 2 bolts; one on each end of the strap. I drilled the holes and put big fender washers on the under side. Sorry, no pics. IIRC, they were the "Tool Shop" brand. I use them with ratchet straps to hold my junk down and they have worked great.

Hale

Same thing here. Or pick up some footman loops; they're all over TJs, go find a TJ in a junkyard and drill them out(they're riveted in)

Haleyes said:

They look like this:
150086_lg.gif

Hale

similar ones from jegs $2.99 each

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_347588_-1

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CHT-J-703&N=700+1001+115&autoview=sku

gijosiahh said:
are the factory tie down ring things not strong enough or did they only come in the newer jeeps or what?

Mine did not have any factory tie downs. Not sure what models had them.

jeepboy381 said:
I was looking for something like this, it even has a nice bracket to bolt through and distribute the stress good.
http://www.pitposse.com/repanrifi.html
Does anyone know where to get these cheaper with the back plate?

g-pixel6.gif

g-pixel6.gif

t-pixel.gif

trans_1x1.gif
[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

My local hardware store has things like that, but that's an awful big hole to cut for something that would have the same effeciency as running two bolts through. I had thought about it before, just decided there's better options out there.

gravity until i figure something better

Back