• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another D300 question

jeepntx

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched, but haven't really seen any definite answer as to whether or not the D300 will bolt up to the AW4. I've got a pass. side drop Waggy 44, so I wouldn't need to flip it. Is the only thing preventing it from fitting the one bolt hole that has to be elongated/re-drilled?

As long as it's not a Scout D300, it's the same pattern as the AW4. Not sure about the input shaft mod needed, you may need to cut it down.

You should at least get a rotation plate so you can clock it the way you want to, they are only about 5/8 - 1 inch long.

jeepntx said:
I've searched, but haven't really seen any definite answer as to whether or not the D300 will bolt up to the AW4. I've got a pass. side drop Waggy 44, so I wouldn't need to flip it. Is the only thing preventing it from fitting the one bolt hole that has to be elongated/re-drilled?

Unless you modify the input shaft of the Dana 300 (mill the retainer, install double seal bearing, possibly turn down the diameter of the shaft so the AW4 seal will fit) you will need a 7/8" spacer. A clocking ring that was 7/8" of an inch thick would be nice if you can find one. (Try pirate4x4.com)

Back