• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye

xj151

NAXJA Forum User
what does one of these sye kits look like i dont know if i have one on my jeep already. could i tell just by looking at it.

yes you can tell because there is no slip yoke at the transfer case, its in the shaft. if your driveshaft slides into your t case you still have a slip yoke buddy.

Jeep092-1.jpg

Do you have a stock Jeep, cause these won't really work on Jeeps that are at stock height/aren't necessary.

This is a hack&Tap on a 242 t-case.

The stock shaft is in the foreground, while the new shaft is in the back. Stock shaft doesn't have a slip joint in it.
Jeep082.jpg

no its not stock it has alift on it. the guy i bought it from didnt know anything about it. i just found out it had lockers in it just wonder what the sye looked like to check. im used to wheelin the fullsize jeeps. new to the cherokees. not a bad find for a grand though

oh by the way it starts to stall and idle rough after you drive or idle for a while . if i rev it up it goes away for about 2 to 3 minutes then starts again any ideas

Try the search function. It works great. This has been covered here, and in the OEM tech forum, once a week for the last couple of years

Begster said:
Jeep092-1.jpg

Do you have a stock Jeep, cause these won't really work on Jeeps that are at stock height/aren't necessary.

This is a hack&Tap on a 242 t-case.

The stock shaft is in the foreground, while the new shaft is in the back. Stock shaft doesn't have a slip joint in it.
Jeep082.jpg

sorry to clutter the post, but
do you know the length on your new rear shaft compressed and extended?
-Thanks
pm me if you like

Back