• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mastercraft XJ Seat Mounts, 97 To 01

XJ LUKE

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

Those with Mastercraft seats in their 97 to 01 XJ, I'm installing some rubicon seats with Mastercraft's XJ adapter kit, but the adapter kit doesn't work! One of the stock sliders on each seat will not fit through the adapter kit because the bolt on the stock slider is too short. It would work if they didn't weld on these massive washers to the adapter kit, but they did.... It looks like I going to have to do a little fabrication, and I have a few ideas in mind. I'm wondering what the majority of you all did to make your seats work. I have two ideas...

Drill out the stock welded bolts on the sliders and put in longer ones (not sure if I'll run into problems here...)

Drill off the washers welded on to stock slider..(this is the easiest option, but without the washers, I believe the seat will sit crooked and further down on one side by a half of an inch.

Thanks.

Luke

Had the same problem. Ended up grinding off the spacers on the stock sliders, as it was easier than grinding off the spacers on the new brackets. The spacers on the new bracket make up for the ones you're grinding off. Turned out fine.

And one of the guys in the SoCal Chapter is a welder at Mastercraft. I gotta ask him about this. :)

Thanks for the thoughts and your experiences so far. Keep it coming if anyone else has had this problem also. I've heard the washer option works decent from two people now. Has anyone tried anything else, or is this the way to go?

do the master craft seat brackets have a 13 5/8 mounting pattern width? because i'm lookin at some garage pro seats off jcwhitney.com and was wondering if they would fit with my sliders off my 98 cherokee

Last edited:
Back