• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't Locate Parts For ZJ Disc Swap

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My rear brakes are toast and need to be rebuilt. i figured i might as well spend the money to upgrade rather than just rebuild them. I have always just said that i will swap to zj discs when my drums crapped out. well, they've crapped out but i can't locate any of the parts at local junkyards... does anyone know of an online vendor that sells the parts? or anywhere that i might be able to order them from? i can't afford the teraflex kit and i've been searching for a few months locally and haven't found any scrapped zj's :dunno:
Thanks!

Try all the for sale forums. Also http://car-part.com since it hooks up with all the junkyards. You could always try to order the parts from the stealership if you get desperate.

zj disk brakes are really the way to go. One of the best investments I have made in my jeep, probably better than lockers

If you can not find the parts then do the Cown Vic swap. There is always plenty of them in the junkyards. the swap is just as easy as the ZJ but you use Ford parts instead. Go to Jeepin.com and check out the write up in the features section. That is what I used as a guide to do my swap.

Ray

jeepme said:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351095 Just got mine from this guy and they where perfect. He also included new rotors. everthng fit perfect and works great.
That'd be me. I sell them pretty often. I have 2 sets right now, one is already spoken for (just waiting on the money order) and the 2nd I'm sending shipping quotes to about 3 people for.

I get them in pretty often if you are interested :) They come ready to bolt onto your XJ. Everything except the e-brake. I do leave a portion of the stock e-brake cables on there so that you can connect your current ones to them via a cable clamp. Other then that, everything is directly bolt on and ready to go.

BADaXJ said:
My rear brakes are toast and need to be rebuilt. i figured i might as well spend the money to upgrade rather than just rebuild them. I have always just said that i will swap to zj discs when my drums crapped out. well, they've crapped out but i can't locate any of the parts at local junkyards... does anyone know of an online vendor that sells the parts? or anywhere that i might be able to order them from? i can't afford the teraflex kit and i've been searching for a few months locally and haven't found any scrapped zj's :dunno:
Thanks!

Join the crowd! I've got everything except the backing plates. I had to get one of the caliper brackets from the dealership...$87 I got 2 calipers and one bracket and both disc from a junk yard. They also give me 2 backing plates, both looked like tacos. The dealership discontinued them. :(

gregmondro said:
That'd be me. I sell them pretty often. I have 2 sets right now, one is already spoken for (just waiting on the money order) and the 2nd I'm sending shipping quotes to about 3 people for.

I get them in pretty often if you are interested :) They come ready to bolt onto your XJ. Everything except the e-brake. I do leave a portion of the stock e-brake cables on there so that you can connect your current ones to them via a cable clamp. Other then that, everything is directly bolt on and ready to go.

Backing plates?

Back