• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window regulator (Manual) source

rcpilot92

NAXJA Forum User
Friend has a '89 4dr and needs new regulators... any info on some reasonable places to buy... :thumbup: junk yards have already been looked at.

Thanks

if he's just looking to replace the commonly broken plastic part, do a search here - there are several threads with links and info about how to fix along with a site that sells a replacement parts fix kit.

I left him a message to take the door panel apart and look for a plastic piece thats broken and could cause the problem he has... thanks for that info

rcpilot92 said:
I left him a message to take the door panel apart and look for a plastic piece thats broken and could cause the problem he has... thanks for that info

It's not a plastic piece that breaks. What drives the window is a steel coil that has a semi hard fiber material through the center of it. The coil is run through a metal tube and as you turn the crank, the coil actually slides through the tube to move the glass up and down. I did a write up a while back about the replacement process, but I think it got lost in a system crash...What I found on my '88 was the coil was flattened (stripped as some would say) in one spot, causing the glass to not go up from the fully open position. The tube is riveted into the door, newer models are bolted in. I found a couple of working units at the junk yard. Since I didn't want to fight with the rivets, I opened up the tube and pulled the coil part out and installed it in my door. It's a little more involved than that, but in the end it worked out nicely, been in there for a couple years now. Next trip to the yard I plan on loooking for some more of the coil parts to put away for future needs.

scca.. thanks, he told me today that the coils are rusted and gets hung up... I told him to search ebay and more junk yard time...

Back