• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj classic body issues

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I reciently purchased a 1999 xj that has some body damage. I can find the most common parts, ie: fender, grill, bumper, ect, but I can not find the fiberglass surround for the grill and head lights. I am talking about the piece that has the JEEP logo. Does any one know what the name of the part is and will I be able to find it some place other than a dealership???? I have yet to contact the local Chrysler place because I know they will bend me over the parts counter and give me a good one. Should I start looking at junkyards? It seems to me that any front end damage would result in damage to this particular part. So it might be hard to find at a junkyard. Any help will be appreciated...

junkyards, phone and ask if they have 97-up front that hasn't been in a frontal collision.

go www.car-part.com and search for a grill in your state or near you, any one who has a grille has the trim piece that you want.

The piece you are talking about is the header panel. The factory one is made from composites and fiberglass. $300 plus at the dealer.

Aftermarkets are made from plastic. $120.00 on ebay

jvancamp said:
The piece you are talking about is the header panel. The factory one is made from composites and fiberglass. $300 plus at the dealer.

Aftermarkets are made from plastic. $120.00 on ebay

should be no more than 75 bucks at a dismantler.

Back