• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roll over

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
On Chinamman on wed my coil spring slipped inthe coil buckte on the axle so we jacked it up and put it back in place but after that happened my jeep kept feeling likeit was going to roll over anytime Igot on any slight off camber area. does anyone know whythis could be?

thobson said:
......my jeep kept feeling likeit was going to roll over anytime Igot on any slight off camber area. does anyone know whythis could be?
Maybe you're scared, now.
That's all I got......
HTH:thumbup:

OT said:
Maybe you're scared, now.
That's all I got......
HTH:thumbup:

Thats my guess too...

I'm accumulating a fairly long list of $#@!ed up stuff that happens to me... either on the trail or on the drive home. It's getting to be where I just expect bad $tuff to happen, and when it does, I'm mostly at peace with it. If it doesn't, that's a plus, but that rarely occurs anymore.

My advice? Go out this weekend and roll it over. Everything from that point forward won't bother you so much.

carpark.jpg

BTW, you're welcome!

Ha I would love to break the fear that way. But I honestly don't think that is the problem I have felt the jeep go before where some one has had to grab somthing just in time to keep it from going. But this felt way different and my buddy behind me would say it looked way different I had people jumping on the CB yelling to stop. I did at first think that was what it was but it just felt way to unstable and espcially for the little amount of off camber that this had. I am going to check all the front suspension and go from there otherwise just wheel it and see what happens next week. Hopefully I'll be out at co-fest.

Did you possibly damage the shock on that side? It's possible that if you flexed it enough to un-seat the spring, the shock reached it's travel limit and the stress damaged the valving inside the shock..... if the shock isn't doing what it normally does, that would explain the loose feeling you're getting. If they were gas shocks, then the gas may have blown out a damaged seal. A fluid shock won't necessarily leak with a blown internal valve.

I remember shearing off an adjuster from a rear RS9000 shock on my rig and it was looser than the one still adjusted firm, gave the rear an odd diving, squatting feeling when driving on the road.

I'll check the track bar and the shock. Seems more likely to be the trackbar than shock because it was leaning uncomfortably towards the passenger side and I wasn't getting any squating in the front though they are both sitting the same also it is driving normal onroad. If it where the shock would I just remove it, it is gas, and see if there is still pressure in it? Also if it where the track bar would it either be in the frame mount or axle mount and just that one of them is loose?

To answer my own question the problem was caused by the jam nut on long arm not being tight enough so when the car flexed there was nothing to stop it from swaying or rolling right over.

Back