• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to disconnect Main Wiring Harness

RustStang78

Mr. Pessimistic
I searched but could not find anything. I have a 1989 Cherokee 4.0 How do I disconnect the main harness so I can re-seal it since I have a massive water leak from there. Thanks

Main_Harness.JPG

You'll have to rummage a little bit in between the wires, to find the small hex head screw in the middle that holds the connector together. I believe the engine-side connector then will come out in two separate sections, while the part remaining in the bulkhead is in one piece.

edit to add, the screw is on the engine side of the bulkhead.

who took a dump on your bulkhead connector?
Once you get the connector appart use black silicone on the part that mounts to the inside of the firewall...since there is a little flange(you will see what I'm talking about)

Cool, Thanks!!!!!!!!! As for the crap all over the harness, the previous owner tried to stop an old leak and obviously failed by the floor rot and all the green corrosion on the fuse sockets.

Back