• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog Lights

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
I have factory fog lights and one of my bulbs is out... not to mention they're all crudded up and the lenses are hazy as hell... Does anyone know of a good replacement light for that location? I know that the bracket there is really odd.

what do you want to go with? if you want something that is like the OEM lights, then i would suggest going to the local Schucks or Harbor Freight if you have either local. The lights at both stores mount the same as the OEM lights. I f i remember right, the Schucks Lights run about $25-$30 and the Harbor Freight lights are around $18-$20. hope that helps. :yelclap:

I see from you profile you have a 2000 XJ. These lights mount under the bumper and show through the air dam, unlike the older XJ. I too have a 2000. I found a good deal on the oem lights at jeepsareus.com. They push the lights as a pair, but I only needed one (left and right are different). I was on the fence about buying the pair, and noticed a link on their page to their ebay auctions. I clicked the link and found they had them up for bid on ebay, and for single lights. I got an OEM drivers side light complete for $35.

Use some bulb grease or battery terminal grease on all the electrical connectios to keep the road spray out of them. Don't get grease on the bulb itself.

Back