• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8 skid

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone get crafty yet and make a skid for a 8.8 ford rear end? She's a little closer to the rocks now than the 35 , but it looks a lot stronger.

You talking about something like this?
SK10048fs.jpg

Wouldnt that make you drag more....?

Shave that bad boy, and youll be golden.

Starboard M said:
You talking about something like this?
SK10048fs.jpg

Wouldnt that make you drag more....?

Shave that bad boy, and youll be golden.
it might drag more, but I'd rather drag that than my pinion flange ;)

87manche said:
it might drag more, but I'd rather drag that than my pinion flange ;)
The skid pictured does not look like it would cover the pinion flange.

Haleyes said:
The skid pictured does not look like it would cover the pinion flange.
shutup hale!

anyway, if I were to build one, it would cover the pinion flange.

87manche said:
shutup hale!

anyway, if I were to build one, it would cover the pinion flange.

If you'd learn how to drive you wouldn't be worried about hitting the pinion flange.:D

Hale

bcmaxx said:
Anyone get crafty yet and make a skid for a 8.8 ford rear end? She's a little closer to the rocks now than the 35 , but it looks a lot stronger.

Don't bother. The hunk of iron that makes up the center section can handle dragging over rocks, evidenced by all of us that do it on a regular basis. All the skid will do is reduce your ground clearance causing you to get hung up more often.

I've dragged my 8.8 boat anchor over a lot of rocks and the only ill effects were peeling back the stock diff cover.

Adding anything below the pumpkin on a diff that already hangs lower than stock is just asking to catch on something, skidplate or not IMO.

TellicoReadyXJ said:
I've dragged my 8.8 boat anchor over a lot of rocks and the only ill effects were peeling back the stock diff cover.

Adding anything below the pumpkin on a diff that already hangs lower than stock is just asking to catch on something, skidplate or not IMO.
meh, my biggest problem is the spring packs, not the 8.8 diff.

Back