• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Swap Questions

Engine One Eight

NAXJA Forum User
The front bucket seats (cloth) in my 95 sport XJ are sagged out. I would like to swap in seats out of a Toyota Echo or something similar. How difficult it this to do?

Thanks for the help
Engine One Eight

the hardest part for me was making a mount. i took the seats out of an acura. i had to make a mount off of the seat track.i used 1 and 2 inch square stock, and welded them to fit. drivers side was harder than pass. not hard with enuff common sense.

not particularly hard at all, i just ordered a digital camera this week, when i get it i can post pics of my seat adapetrs i had a guy laser cut for me.

Steel plate and a grinder or plasma cutter could work just as well. Simply cut out excess incenter of plates, bolt plate to the top of the stock rails, measure, now drill the homemade plate on the top for the bolts from your echo seats. Bolt in and yer done.

PM me if you want pics, i can email them to you by early next week if your not in a supper hurry.

Back