• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tsl SX tire pressure

i run the 35x15.50 tsl sx on my xj without beadlocks, just got them hooked up for free, anybody no where to run the pressure on the rocks? i hear you have to get them pretty low but how low can i go? i really have no experience with lower tire pressure but i'm running the con next week so might aswell

thanks much

jordan

I think 4-5 psi is where they will perform best. Having said that its out of the question without beadlocks. Stay in the double digits.

Had a set on a S10 once apon a time. I ran a mix of mud and rock and between 8-12 worked well for me.YMMV.

12-15..

A guy in our club runs his 36" Iroks on 10" steelies at 5-6 in the rocks and .5-1 psi in the snow. Not sure how he does it, but never lost a bead. Not that big of deal, keep dropping until you lose a bead, then go back up. Everyone seems scared of that, but I just lost one at 8 psi in the middle of a shallow creek (actually just run off), jacked it up, aired up and back on the trail in under 5 minutes.

I run my 38.5X14.5 on the street at 15psi, and on the trail at 4-5psi. When im just in the snow i run them at about 3psi with tire chains, this is with no beadlocks and ive never lost a bead.
Marc

Back