• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disable the stock fogs from cutting out w/ highbeams

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody ever figure out which wire must be cut to stop the stock foglamps from cutting out when you activate the highbeams? This has been discussed before for the Wrangler I believe, but not for us XJ guys. Also it was a newer Wrangler (not as old as my 95 XJ) so that info didn't help at all.

There are two relays infront of my airbox.....one for the fogs, one for the highbeams. I assume they are connected somehow, but I can't seem to trace the wire as it ends up in the tightly woven loom/bundle.

If anybody knows, chime in!:)

If I remember correctly, the green wire with the black trace on it, at the switch, is the one that you cut, then run to the fuse panel. This way you can use the lights independently of the others.

Just FYI in many jurisdictions, you can run highbeams or lowbeams+fogs, but not High+fog...that (and possibly also battery drain) is why they shut off.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yeah, I know about the law. Not sure if Indiana has it or not, but I'm not worried. I barely run highbeams, just on dark country roads (which there aren't many around here, etc)

I would still like the fogs to be tied in with the marker lights as they are, so they turn on/off with the parking lights.....aka, can't forget to turn them off if I turn the parking lights off.

NXJ4CB, for your 2000; are you talking about the fog light switch? I believe mine is only a 3 wire switch.

Blaine, yes my fog light switch had four wires going to it. I took my power from the power outlet, I don't know where to tap into to make the work with parking lights.

Back