• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift, final adjustments, few questions.

97CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok gentlemen, I am doing the final phase on my 3-or-so inch bastard boost and am looking for some answers.
I have searched through pages of posts at :NAXJA: and others on these topics, some help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 97 Country, RE 2.5" full length AAL on rear, yeilding more like nearly 3" lift, no sway bar, disc brake conversion. 2 months on rig. Loaded, wheeled and not a bit of sag.
1" t-case drop, very, very minimal vibration, almost non-existent unless extreme acceleration is needed.
Front springs are donated 2" lift with .75" RE spacer to level out the ride. The springs are painted red (rough country???) and all rides fine, no death wobble. Front end is at nearly 3" total lift. Everything is tight.
31x10.5 generic tires on stock wheels, stock shocks, shackles, brake lines and hoses etc.
This machine has always received regular maintenance from the jeep garage (162k miles now)
When something needed replaced (at regular intervals) ball joints, tie rods shocks, u-joints etc it got it.
:eyes:
Now for the questions
1. The pitman arm ball joint seems to be at an extreme angle, no pops or creaks, is a drop one needed? Any problems running like this? The draglink and trackbar are parrallel, no problems..yet? Can anyone agree?

2. The shock question. Model ##'s, part ##'s for a 3" or so lift that would work? Trying on the cheap (cost effective, yeah) decent ride.

3. I got the brake lines handled, exteded stock front ones down, and custom built drop bracket for rear, all good. Anyone run into problems with this setup and longer shocks? Plenty of length left.

4. May there be any other unforseen issues that I may have, that someone with some experience in the 2-3-4" lift area has had to fix?

5. The stock trackbar is going to get the drill and move to drivers side 5/8" deal, any problems with this other than PITA reattaching? Under 1 yr old.

Ok long long post, I know. But all information and questions up front.

I am satisfied with this setup (umm, for now) and need to finish this rig before the snow flies. I have been eyeing sye's, I have 2" shackles in box, 2" coil spacers in box and a used set of xterrain tires to mount on it.
Spring time will be the last 2", sye and DS, waiting on some longer control arms from a donor rig. 31's would be it, everything else is all good.

Thanks to all

Not a problem at all man. Happy wheelin'

=]

I do like the coils, used for one season, softened up a little bit, then installed on my rig. My jeep rides like a truck now (my preference) and more matches the add a leafs in the rear, good balanced ride
BTW, the coils were given to me, donated for wheeling.

Last edited:
Back