• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

External fuel pumps

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
I have a "fuel cell", well.. actually its a 40 gal. saddle tank off of a F-6/750 that I'm going to cut down to 25 gal. My only main concern now is what fuel pump to use? I would like something about the same GPM or even slightly more (mustang injectors). What brands should I look for, and what should I stay away from? Should I go with a older XJ stock pump (external if I recall) or go with a completely different unit alltogether.

fuel.jpg

What is the GPM on a stock pump also?

There are many external universal fuel pumps available. Some are adjustable, which might work nicely for you with those injectors. I'm not sure what the factory GPM is, but I would imagine it would not be too difficult to find. I would go with a pump that is in the ballpark of the factory one, then adjust it whichever way you would like.

I use a p5000 available at NAPA... They are about $120... Plus if it breaks it is not a special pump you can get it at most auto parts stores...

Back