• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canyon Wheel Size

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, are Canyon's 15x7's or 15x8's? It seems like there are both. If so, what years were what? Also, what is the BS on them?

Last edited:
BruceB83 said:
Ok, are Canyon's 15x7's or 15x8's? It seems like there are both. If so, what years were what? Also, what is the BS on them?
ZJ Canyons are 15x7
TJ Canyons are 15x8 and much better looking IMO.
BS I can't tell you about.

15X8 Canyons have 5.5" BS
15X7 Canyons have 5.25" BS.

Too funny; there is no such thing as a ZJ Canyon wheel, just a wheel that is all too often confused with the Canyon that came on the TJ. The ZJ "sport aluminum" wheel is 15x7 and looks like the Canyon but nowhere in Jeep literature is it referred to as "Canyon", as the TJ wheel is.

The main reason for the confusion is peoples lack of knowledge on the differences between the two.

The ZJ spokes have a triangle shaped opening while the Canyon has more of a 'half pentagon' shaped opening.
ZJ sport aluminum top, Canyon bottom

xj_wheel_canyon_vs_zj_sport_alum.jpg

Consider yourself edumicated. :lecture: :D

JEEPZZ - Its not a matter of confusion or knowledge of the differences on my part, its a matter of I didnt know they werent called Canyons.

bjoehandley - No rubbing issues with the rims but generally people run wider tires with the 8" rim and them the tires may rub.

Ray H said:
JEEPZZ -...its a matter of I didnt know they werent called Canyons.
didn't mean it to come accross sounding like a rant, thus the "edumicated" and the smiley face. :cheers:

JEEPZZ said:
didn't mean it to come accross sounding like a rant, thus the "edumicated" and the smiley face. :cheers:

No problem, carry on.

Back