• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket torque converter???

crusTodd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Jeepers,
Do anyone know of a source to have an aftermarket converter built for the AW4? I am gonna' stroke my 4.0 and also add some sort of aftermarket engine management (Megasquirt, Perfect Power, Weber/Redline). I am thinkin' this would be a weak link. I saw that someone on here had posted that they had a source who would build one for them for around $240.00. Any ideas? Also, has anyone experimented with any of these electronic upgrades?

Thanks for your input,
CrusT

"Scotty, I NEED MORE POWER"

you don't want to put a higher stall converter in or anything like that for offroading. the aw4 is a stout trans and will hold up fine. if you are gonna modify the trans, start with a 700r4 or th400 with a manual valve body. you wont notice a difference between the stock torque converter and the after market one.

If your offing a high stall may permit more roll back on steep hills.
(IMO) the natural anti-roll back characteristics of the auto trany/stock converter is one of the big reason people like them for offing.
Else sticks rule.

A good bud is hard to find.
Even harder to lose.
WORK SAFE.

Last edited:
Back