• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sweet Paint?

sherman08

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking about doing another repaint of the ol' XJ. Thinking I want to maake it copper colored you know, like kinda orange. Then have color change tiger stripes from black to the same color of copper all over. I thought it'd be kool but i want feedback.

my step brother works and buit a YJ from scratch and has a sweet paint job im not sure how good it will look on an XJ but i will get some pics posted up!

640%20Flop.jpg

Well if you abuse it like me, why bother :confused::eek: :looney:

lol yea but im poor, im runnin bone stock so im confined to the safer trails, i usually wheel my chevy 3/4 anyway my jeeps just a sentimentall peice, workin at a bodyshop makes paint really cheap!

Shit if you were closer i would trade a paint job for some lift parts. i think it would be cool. I would definitly give you the "jeep wave" if i saw you.

95meangreen said:
Shit if you were closer i would trade a paint job for some lift parts. i think it would be cool. I would definitly give you the "jeep wave" if i saw you.

I know the Harley wave but what is the jeep wave?

same thing but for people in Jeeps, atleast normally. Im usually going uphill at 80mph in the porsche so when I wave at jeeps struggling to keep 40 in 4th I generally get the finger back :wave1:

I wanted to do that color. Then I started wheeling more. I kinda like my faded black, I don't mind scratching it.

that orange looks pretty sharp it might be a lil cheaper than what i had in mind too, i could still do some sweet tiger stripes tho. i get shivers thinkin bout it

How about Chez Whiz Orange? I saw a Hot Rod painted that color and it looked great! Not sure how an XJ would look, but it would be one of a kind!

I had thought about pumpkin orange with a fade to brown, very similar to the fade in the earlier post... very cool!

Good Luck!

Back