• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thermostat sending sensors?

4x4fish

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where the thermostat sending sensors are on the xj. I know there is one on the thermostat housing itself, but I've been told there are more. I want to make sure my gauge is reading right. Thanks, 4x4fish

yes, it is back towards the rear of the head on the drivers side and is in line with the valve cover bolts. It has a light duty wire like a 14 gauge ,or something of that caliber, that leads to it. It is a simple cap that pops off of it and a socket to take it out. VERY simple.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
yes, it is back towards the rear of the head on the drivers side and is in line with the valve cover bolts. It has a light duty wire like a 14 gauge ,or something of that caliber, that leads to it. It is a simple cap that pops off of it and a socket to take it out. VERY simple.
I will have to check this out, I think there is some kind of handheld reading device I can put up to it to see if it reads the same as the gauge.

yes, an ohm meter-- it's just a thermister. Depending on temp, it has a variable resistance to ground.

*F Ohms
20 13,500
40 7500
70 3400
100 1600
160 450
212 185

hope this helps
--Shorty

it is a measure of resistance in an electrical circuit. You can find a setting on any DVOM (digital Volt/Ohm Meter) to measure Ohms of resistance. Get a quality DVOM and read through the directions-- it'll make more sense (I promise)

--Shorty

Shorty said:
it is a measure of resistance in an electrical circuit. You can find a setting on any DVOM (digital Volt/Ohm Meter) to measure Ohms of resistance. Get a quality DVOM and read through the directions-- it'll make more sense (I promise)

--Shorty
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Back