• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running 35's and RE 5.5

bizkit642

NAXJA Forum User
What all is needed to get this done?

RE says they don't recommend it, but I know a ton of people are doing it.

Thanks guys.

-Andrew

some trimming and bumpstops will be all you need to do. plenty of guys run larger then 35s on 5.5 inches of lift. KTM runs 37s on 4 inches of lift..yea its hacked...but its doable. im running 35s, on 5.5 inches of lift, and get a good amount of flex, and still have a pretty good COG. im planning on running 38s though with no more lift

What is the average net lift with the R.E. 5.5"? I am wanting to run 35's also.
I have the R.E. 3.5" + 1.5" boomerang shackle and I will be adding JKS adjustable coil spacers up front and 1.5" U-Bolt Eliminators in the rear which adds up to 6.5" rear (not net) and obviously whatever I want up front. Will this be enough lift for 35's? I will be trimming fenders and adding bushwackers also.

u will definetly hace enough lift for 35s, i am going to be running that amount of lift w/ a UBE, shackle and leaf springs (3.5") and Rock Krawler 6.5" coils up front and TnTs Y-link, and i plan on trimming as well

many people run 5.5" and BWs with 35s+

If you are running a winch and a winch bumper, you are adding a lot of weight. I have an R.E. 5.5" S.A and 35" MTR's. Winch and bumper weight add about 180lbs, so I added a set of ACOS to level it out (1.75" more lift added to spring height). Works great. Just my 2 cents.

You can run 35s on their 4.5 inch lift what are they talking about?

Back