• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need a new transmission mount?

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
mines torn to shreds and my 4x4 lever pivot thing popped out of it's place on the body, so im gonna swap out the mount but which would you guys recconmend? so far i can only find oem mounts from quadratec, any better aftermarket ones or good quality oem ones?

I have a poly one from daystar works great for me.

I ordered it through 4 west, but im sure you could just give daystar a call. I remember it was kinda hard to find the part number but we eventually did... What tranny? Mine is for an AX-15. I think it was like 35 bucks or something...

i have a 3" works fine for me. Then again i didnt get to choose, I think a 3 inch is right though, looks like about what the hieght of the stock one is...

Just make sure it has 4 studs coming out of the bottom and 2 holes to mount the upper part. you should be good.

I would just get a new factory rubber mount. With a poly mount, you run the chance of some vibration.

I put a poly tranny mount in my 96, and the vibes were horrendous. All the glass in the Jeep was shaking. I took it right back out and put in a new rubber one.

xjohnnyc said:
I would just get a new factory rubber mount. With a poly mount, you run the chance of some vibration.

I put a poly tranny mount in my 96, and the vibes were horrendous. All the glass in the Jeep was shaking. I took it right back out and put in a new rubber one.

X2, I got one on ebay and it just wasnt for me. I ended up getting an OEM one from ACdelco for 16$ bucks, love it.

I got a new rubber one at Napa

I'm in a situation where I think the tranny mount is going bad, I get a lot of forward cam from the motor. Just curious (and to settle a debate btwn myself and a co-worker...) what's the worst case for not replacing the mount??

RaccoonJoe said:
I'm in a situation where I think the tranny mount is going bad, I get a lot of forward cam from the motor. Just curious (and to settle a debate btwn myself and a co-worker...) what's the worst case for not replacing the mount??

puts stress on motor mounts.

if that happens, then fan into radiator, crack exhaust manifold, driveshaft ujoints breaking...

89xj said:
puts stress on motor mounts.

if that happens, then fan into radiator, crack exhaust manifold, driveshaft ujoints breaking...

Ex. man. cracks making o2 read lean, thus enrichening air\fuel burning out catalytic converter

also front driveshaft will start to rub on tub

transfer case linkages may fall out of mounting point in trans tunnel

Get a good one or you could have more vibration than you need, I got a aftermarket one from autozone and it was really crappy I had to go to mopar and get a factory replacment that works great.

I havent had any bad vibes from any of my mounts and i have both poly motor mounts and a poly tranny mount

Does the same mount work on AW4s as work on AX15s? I can;t find a part number for the AW4 mount on the NAPA website. Anyone know the correct part number for the AW4???

Mopar It said:
im sitll tossed up being poly/rubber and 3" or 1.5" or what?

Get OEM and replace stock motor mounts at the same time with either MORE or Rusty's rubber mounts. Replacing only the tranny mount without the motor mounts will cause it to wear out prematurely.You should not have a problem with any of that stuff for a long time.

Back