• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doing full width swap what rear axel to use??

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
okay i have a 1977 ford f 150 dana 44 hp and i have dodge flat top outers with the manual locking hubs first of all will this work together??? and also what should i get the rear axel out off?? i need ideas plz i havent found much info on the dodge flat tops only the chev ones thank u carl

get the rear end out of that same F150. The 9" Ford is a great rear end. It is also very upgradeable.

a 9 inch for sure. its one of the best axles for off roading. good ground clearence and with a full spool you can through 35 spline shafts in no problem. it can be found in many of the ford 150's and bronco's

9" I'm puttin a UBE kit on mine and trussin it. Easy way to go FW and get just as many upgrades as any Dana

I have question for u guys i got a chrysler 9.25 off friend of mine think 31 slpine any u know anything bout these i just want 33's and it straight trail toy so was goin weld it and debating what gears? opinions please

What bolt pattern for the wheels are you going to be running with the Dodge knuckles? You can have 9" shafts drilled for almost any bolt pattern, but you may also be able to find a SF Dana 60 rear axle to match fairly easily.

Do the 9.25" axles have C-clips? I don't remember ever seeing very many locker options for them, but then again I've never really looked.

What bolt pattern for the wheels are you going to be running with the Dodge knuckles? You can have 9" shafts drilled for almost any bolt pattern, but you may also be able to find a SF Dana 60 rear axle to match fairly easily.

I have question for u guys i got a chrysler 9.25 off friend of mine think 31 slpine any u know anything bout these i just want 33's and it straight trail toy so was goin weld it and debating what gears? opinions please

Do the 9.25" axles have C-clips? I don't remember ever seeing very many locker options for them, but then again I've never really looked.

okay 9 inch u say well doesent that take alot of xtra power to run??? and also its kind of a budget build in a way and i am wanting to spool both axels , can i run stock shfts with a spool and no i dont do rocks at all, only snow , mud and trails , oh and a shit load of pavement driving hehe but i am running 36 inch bias tsl's and havent broke my 8.8 or my dana 30 in a year so yeah i am lookin at all options . as soon as i mention 9 inch the price hits the freakin roooof lol but i will try to find one oh and also i am in canada so i basically have no goodie shops like u guys doo its home built er nothin as gettin stuff across the border is hiway robbery . but i havent got these dodge outers on my axel yet its just the only flat tops i can find at the moment and i catually have no ideah if they will work fo high steer as i can find almost no info on them only chevy ones . i am also wondering if i use factory offset rimms will i be able to use high steer and how far will my wheels stick out as i have bushwackers and full offset rims on my dana 30 and 8.8 now and they are covering them , i am lookin for about an inch stickin out but i dont want to be wayyy out ther thanks guys i know i ask alot but u are all i have thx carl

A 9 inch takes just as much power as any axle to use.... its gears that make the difference.

Then your set

I wouldn't spool anything that's going to be street driven.

I've found 9" axles for 100 bucks, complete from drum to drum.

How much wider is your HP44 than your 8.8? It could be a good idea to just get some spacers for the 8.8. Especially if it's already got disc brakes on it.

Back