• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sweetheart run?

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
How would you guys like to hold an event around Mid February and call it a sweetheart event?

The weekend before or after Valentines is what I was thinking.

Thinking of Gilmer because it is close to a large number of us and we could get some practice planning a wheeling event. This would be considered an official run, perhaps with a raffle and cookout on Saturday night.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with gay, as long as it doesnt penetrate me. I would love for us to have our first official club run(have we had one yet?) anyways we need to get something together.

Ramsey said:
I would love for us to have our first official club run(have we had one yet?) anyways we need to get something together.

No we haven't had one, and it is time to start planning one. If you don't like the idea suggest an alternative.

Wasn't there a BIG thinmg on the web about making Feb 15 the official "Steak and BJ Day". :laugh: Why not have a S&B run on the 15th or shortly after.

I don't think we would want ours to clash with that. I wouldnt mind having something a bit earlier.

I like the idea of a sweetheart run. A few years ago L.S.J.C. had a Valitins run but the kicker was you other half had ta drive.

I'm smart enough not to have another half. The name isn't that important, we need a date asap.

Friday afternoon thru Sunday noonish is what I was thinking, but as to

"How many days are we planning this to be." we haven't yet, this is the planning :D

Jan is usually cold and wet there, but I'm game.

I like hot springs better, but gilmer is more central and would probably give a better turn out.

What ramsey said x2

We need a small close event to kick things off, but we're gonna need more than just 3 people to get this party started. While three can run it, it won't be much of an event, it'll be more like a few of us getting together for a trail run.

I officially nominate March 22 - 23 as the date of our run. I should have my annual bonus by then, so I'll be cash-flush and ready to spend it! :)

It also puts a few weeks between our run and the MegaRun, so we don't burn people out.

This would be in Gilmer, TX at BMRA (see the Google Map if you're corn-fused).

Although, I see that General Sam's is pretty well situated as a possible location, too. Any Houston locals have any experience there? Is it worth considering?

I'll wheel if it's in Hot Springs. I've got a run in early june with some other fellas (at Clayton) so, I wouldn't be able to make it if it's too close then. March sounds about right though.

FWIW..

A run yes, wheeling in clayton, I doubt you will.

Pardon me...If I may....

Usually, isn't it MEMBERS that do the event planning?

:D

Hale

Back