• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedometer Gear

Blue96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've found a lot threads about this, but can't find a shop that carries what I need. According to all the charts I need a 40 tooth speedo, but the usual suspects (Quadratec/4wd) don't carry above a 38. Anyone have a source they can share? With the 4.56 and 32" tires, I'm not sure how far off I am...

Thanks!

John

Dealership near me said that they were nationally backordered on the 40 tooth gear. That was almost 3 months ago however, so that might have changed.

Also try performanceoffroadcenter.com

They carry them, not sure how they price compared to the dealer. Others I have gotten at the dealer were fairly cheap. I was rather impressed.

edit: Go Jeep has the part numbers on his site.

I just put in a speedo gear yesterday. That was one of the easiest jobs I have done so far. Most gears are about 12 bucks, but mine of course, came up around 24 bucks. Probably because of supply and demand (31" tires and 355 gears).

I ordered mine through the dealer and he gave me a 20% discount for being a NAXJA member. Don't forget to tell them you belong to NAXJA when ordering parts.

Okay, I have been trying to get a 35 tooth using GoJeeps chart. My local dealer and http://www.allchryslerparts.com/ state that they are discontinued and unavailable. I located some on performanceoffroadcenter.com but, they state that they are for the 231 TC. I have a 242. Are they interchangable?

Thanks.

Back