• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new jeep

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
we just got 1988 xj 4.0 and it overheats at an idal.
has brand new radeater,water pump, hoses, water bottle.
new belt also the heater only blowes cold air no heat .i know the guy has done more to it, we just have to dig in and take a look .
but i thought i could get some sugeshtions befor we start. do you have to prefill the radeater with water for it work and if so how do i fill it.
thanks
the wife

If the heater is only blowing cold air, check to see that the heater doors are opening/closing properly. Also, make sure you have fluid going through your heater core.

If it is the original style cooling system then the system needs to be purged of air. As to how do a quick search on closed system maintenance

well went to b-ham and pick up the jeeps and well there was no t stat in and no water in radator so took top hose off and filled up the radator and well put it back to gether and startedit up and let it run for 1/2 hour and it was fine so i think you need to purge all the air out when replacing the radator and waterpump and the tank so put one jeep on trailer and drove the other one home and went well so now the kid got her first jeep and i got a spare all for $500 so now if i can just figure out what is going on with mine i will be in good shape

thanx rabbit

Back