• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires... Help me choose: Maxxis Creepys -or- Iroks

HELP: Maxxis Creepy's or Iroks????

• 37x12.5x15 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers

Votes: 56 76.7%
  • 36x13.5x15 Super Swamper Iroks

Votes: 17 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
OK here's what Im looking at:

1. Maxxis Creepy's M8090's (not Comp. Compound) 37x12.5x15
maxxis_creepy_crawler.jpg

2. Super Swamper Iroks 36x13.5x15
IROK.jpg

Both are Bias tires.. and about the same size.. Im currently running Iroks and love them. I'm really considering going to the Maxxis Creepy's unless someone talks me out of it. I dont see much pavement anymore and wheel here on the East Coast.

Tell me your feelings and I'd like to hear from those running the tires....especially the NON-Comp Creepy's.

Thanks,
Chris

Something new besides SS... but who am I kidding... I'm goin SS cause I can't afford creeps...

How long are teh 8090's supposed to last? Whats the difference in mileage between the comps and the 8090's?

Nick,

The comps only come in 40's I believe.... and I'm not up to running 40's right now.

The 8090's have 27/32 of tread so they should last a little bit... but my jeep rarely (if ever) sees the road anymore. If I can find a decent price on the Creepys... I'm probably going to pick up either some 37x12.5's or 38x13's.....

When you want to wheel??????

PS> Nick, running the Comp Compound on the road would be a very expensive mistake...

I absofarkinglutely love my creepys. From what I have seen so far, they have outperformed the IROK's in every terrain except for the snow. I haven't had them in DEEP snow yet, so really can't give an opinion.

Most of the "hardcore" guys that I wheel with out here, run IROKS, Krawlers, or MTR's. I've seen a few MTR sidewall failures. The BFG Krawlers, never seen a problem. The tires survive until they are bald. Iroks, seen a few sidewall failures in the radial flavor. But the IROKS wear FAST.

Given the choice between what you have picked, go with the creepys. They are expensive, but worth it.

Have you considered Krawlers?

uncc civilengineer said:
When you want to wheel??????

PS> Nick, running the Comp Compound on the road would be a very expensive mistake...

Just didn't know they made two different types of rubber for them...now i do.

I'm up for wheeling any time, but I had a change of heart midstream with my "little" project and it'll be off the road for a bit longer yet. Full hydro here I come!

uncc civilengineer said:
OK here's what Im looking at:

1. Maxxis Creepy's M8090's (not Comp. Compound) 37x12.5x15
maxxis_creepy_crawler.jpg

Creepys,never have had a problem.......SANTA

2. Super Swamper Iroks 36x13.5x15
IROK.jpg

Both are Bias tires.. and about the same size.. Im currently running Iroks and love them. I'm really considering going to the Maxxis Creepy's unless someone talks me out of it. I dont see much pavement anymore and wheel here on the East Coast.

Tell me your feelings and I'd like to hear from those running the tires....especially the NON-Comp Creepy's.

Thanks,
Chris

I thought you are on IROKs already?

UNCC any response to my Pitbull Rocker Suggestion?

I've heard good things. Theres a guy that has a jeepspeed rig built is sponsered by them. I was just throwing sh*t out there for ya. They're a tough tire though ik that.

Back