• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana44 axles from a zj to make super35

jetranger_2000

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to use the c clip axles out of a dana 44 to make a super 35 axle.
they are both c clips but the 44 is 30 spline. If I got the 30 spline set up than comes with the super 35 kit could I use the axles

dana 44's are NOT c clip, and the 35 is not worth building

ROBZ95Xj said:
dana 44's are NOT c clip, and the 35 is not worth building
Your wrong...to some extent

ZJ dana 44's or 44A's are C cliped

thank you redman. There are c clip 44's cause one is sittig in my driveway as we speak cause somebody switched the aluminum cover with a steel one and passed it off as a xj 44. I am so pissed

You got pwned

i would check the axle widths, you could buy super 35 shafts pretty cheap if you search but i would suggest finding a 29 spline 8.25 axle or a d44, what size tires are you running?

even if you upgrade the shafts you still got a weak housing, wich you could truss, then your stuck with a waek R&P wich theres no upgrade there, in the end you will have spent enough money that you could of had a locked and geared 8.25/D44/8.8

if you have a welder and skills truss it. someone on here beats the piss out of their trussed 35 i forget his name. i think his xj is brown...

jetranger_2000 said:
thank you redman. There are c clip 44's cause one is sittig in my driveway as we speak cause somebody switched the aluminum cover with a steel one and passed it off as a xj 44. I am so pissed

I am confused, do you mean they switched the aluminum center section? Those ZJ 44's had steel tubes,aluminum center section and a Steel cover, and c-clip axles. The WJ's had aluminum center, steel axles, steel cover and bolt-in axles. If I remember right. So what exactly do you have?

Back