• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross member/ belly skid

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to do something to replace my crossmember and add a skid plate to the under side. I have the RK LA set up so I am some what limited on what I can use because of the mounting points. After researching I decided against modifing the TNT pan but thought the Full Traction skid and crossmember looked good does anyone have any input on this? Also if I end up wanting to make my own cross member and skid can I just use a piece of flat steel and cut it to the size I want or do I need certain bends etc to acommidate the transmission/transfer case?

Im thinking he had nothing and was apposed to buying the tnt and then modding it.... i donno tho.

On another note you could always add another stock x member further back and lay out a peice of flat steel to run between both and there ya go..... pretty cheap and cheezy but as long as it works i guess. Ive been working on a couple of diffrent designs of this for a while and came to the conclusion that may want to just "beef" up their existing X member so my plan is to bend out one that mounts to the existing X member and covers where you want. Pretty much want to design it, test it, sell it to someone to market cheaper than the rest.

No I do not own the TNT I was considering buying it and modifying how it mounts but decided against it from reading so many peoples stories of crumpling this set up. I looked at the JKS but it does not cover as much as I want I'm looking for more of a full belly pan style and for the price I don't think it would be worth it. Any one have write ups on making their own cross member? Also anyone w/ RK's use Full Traction?

Mr. Mom do you have the RK LA's thought because the DPG doesn't look like it would be able to mount up because of the LA's

Back