• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel and tire opinions pleez!

psybud

NAXJA Forum User
"95 XJ with 3" Rusty's spring pack lift... I am getting ready to upgrade from stock wheels and tires to 31"... Any opinions on brand? Are the internet combo deals the best way to go? I think I saw Pro-Comps with wheels for around $650 for a set of 4... I will be 75% on road for the forseeable future...

I have had BF Goodrich All Terrains years ago but don't want to go that high on price.

Any responses would be appreciated

Firestone deuller A/T's are decent and cheaper than BFG At's

Thats about the same for me 75% on road and my Dunlop Mudrovers are kick ass. they were about 120 a peice and i got 4 jeep ravine wheels off a wrecked TJ for 150$. it was a sweet deal.

psybud said:
I think I saw Pro-Comps with wheels for around $650 for a set of 4..
Those are 33x12.50/15's FYI.

Pretty good deal imo, just the three tires alone are like 625 (buy 3 get 1 free though)

There's an ad (i forget which company) for 4 LTB's and $ black steelies for $650 i think. I don't know if you want that rough of a tire though. That's what im going with. It was in peterson's 4wheel magazine this month.

Last edited:
Yeah the pro comp's really arent a great tire. BFG AT's will almost pay for themselves with how freaking long they last, that would be my first choice. Bridgestone Dualer Revo's are supposed to be good for the money too, but I havent tried them.

My pickup has been running on the same BFG AT's for 12 years (~40k miles) and still have more than 50% tread left.

Not sure about wheels, but I run 31" Toyo Open Country A/T's and I love them. So far they have out performed my old BFG A/T's in every way and they are wearing good after 5 months. Very good in rain on pavement and the mud does not clog near as bad as the BFG's. I drove around the last month or so with 2 nails in the front tire and never had to put in any air. 10-15$ less per tire than the BFG's too...

Back