• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-clip trail band-aid

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
We've all seen the pictures of a guy limping off a trail with a busted c-clip axle who's made up a wooden contraption to hold his wheel on. Those with 8.25, 8.8 and some D35s need to be aware of this. Found this on a cool site I just stumbled across and thought I'd share it:

http://www.offroadtrailtools.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=140

detail_140_5060.jpg

While alloy shafts or getting rid of the c-clip all together is a better way to go, I thought this was clever.

-----Matt-----

CanMan said:
That is a clever tool. Although if someone really wanted to, could fab one up themselves for less than half the cost.
If not less. Just thought it was a good idea, and there is a bunch of cool stuff on that site. Here's what someone else had to say about the tool, thouggh:
dr drae said:
That's like carrying around a roll of $100 duct tape for when your fat girlfriend breaks her folding chair. Get a better chair or spend the $100 on getting her a gym membership.
:roflmao:
-----Matt-----

Back