• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring orbit eye???

Those were originally made by Advanced Offroad Research here in Grand Junction. The pic of the yota was the owner. Not real sure what happened but they went out of business and seems they have teamed up with Alcan also here in GJ. Its a good product I have seen it work in person. AOR was heavy into Yota stuff. And I bet Alcan can set up srpings that will fit anything with the orbit eye.

I am pretty sure I have seen these available in common sizes for actually retrofitting current springs. I can't remember where I got this impression though.

Michael

Combine that with a pair of revolver shackles, and go run a slalom course.

Lawn Cher' said:
Combine that with a pair of revolver shackles, and go run a slalom course.

i'm guess that's supposed to be sarcastic. so are you saying that orbit eyes would make it less streetable??? i guess i can see how it might. but that could be countered with a swaybar couldn't it???

I don't think it would be less streetable if only one end has the eye and you keep a "regular" shackle.... BUT I don't have a set either, can anyone with actual experience say something??

I have always thought that when I go up to 5" and 33's I would look into these orbital eyes.

I put aluminum bushings in the front spring eyes on my Barracuda. The difference was huge, made a car with soft drag race suspesion turn like it had swaybars again lol. Drasticly cut the body roll down. I could only imagine something like the orbit eye would cause more body roll than before.

you only need 2 orbit eye bushings right? because if you replaced all 4 wouldn't the jeep lean to one side? and dont you need some sort of shackle replacment?

*xj-man* said:
you only need 2 orbit eye bushings right? because if you replaced all 4 wouldn't the jeep lean to one side? and dont you need some sort of shackle replacment?

you can see pics of the required shackles on the link i posted up top.

i would think you need 4 eyes. if you only used 2 eyes, the spring would still be rigid at the other end. i could see it allowing more body roll, but with a swaybar on the street it should be ok. after all the eyes would only roll if the springs were pulling on them. sitting on the street, you won't be flexing like offroad and so it would just stay centered.

I thought they only did one end (the frame end). Basically at full flex (axle tilt) the spring only had to "twist" half as much for same amount of flex.

Who is running something like this?

Red97XJ said:
I thought they only did one end (the frame end). Basically at full flex (axle tilt) the spring only had to "twist" half as much for same amount of flex.

Who is running something like this?

It's actually one at the shackle end. You aren't going to get any movement on the frame end unless you seriously modify that hanger.

Back