• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Busy Wild Nov 3

Pathatten

Pat-PAt-PaT-pAt-pAT-paT
I'll be there, who else is in?

Paul, your crew up for some fun?

5.9cummins (Aaron) should be there as well, however I am worried about his rig though. Will an XJ locked f/r w/9500lbs winch be ok with 33 swamper's?

I don't plan on an overnight trip but I'll have the provisions.

PAT

I'd go but I'm in Missoula that weekend.

In, I just made a call and there's 2 yotas willing to give her a go. God that trail is crazy. I shudder every time I think of it. I've only run Elbe in the winter/spring time. I'm curious how it is this time of year.

Just for fun:

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

BADASS Karl let's do it

I think Camping Sat night is in order. Is the parking/camping secure?

I'll have the standard passengers, Christine and Diesel. If you want to help brace Diesel (I'm sure he'd appreciate it) the you have a seat.

PAT

I would like to check it out but think a passenger seat might be better for me too. Anyone want a passenger? i'll drive myself there and all that.

Pathatten said:
I think Camping Sat night is in order. Is the parking/camping secure?

I'll have the standard passengers, Christine and Diesel. If you want to help brace Diesel (I'm sure he'd appreciate it) the you have a seat.

PAT

When I go to elbe I usually camp friday and saturday nights. Dunno about camping saturday (it is football season). But if we wanna camp, you have to make a reservation, which I can take care of.

KarlVP said:
Dunno about camping saturday (it is football season). .

:guitar: Go Chargers!:firedevil

I would like to go, but man.. I googled the trail and some trip pictures. Even saw some picks of KarlVP on one of the trip reports. (with some full size that got beat to hell) It seems pretty rough.. If I have my new winch by the time it draws a little closer, I may be in...

GlueNTape said:
:guitar: Go Chargers!:firedevil

I would like to go, but man.. I googled the trail and some trip pictures. Even saw some picks of KarlVP on one of the trip reports. (with some full size that got beat to hell) It seems pretty rough.. If I have my new winch by the time it draws a little closer, I may be in...

You're probably looking at pictures of the BusyWild. It is the only trail there that is like that.... the others are much more tame.

J

Wasn't there a SEMA show 6 months ago?

Is there nobody else willing to go? I mean really, I dragged a dead CJ through 40% of the trail 2 weeks after those clowns got stuck. If I can do it....

Here's all ya need - (In springtime) November is new to me.
SLIDERS!!!
Belly Pan (very good idea-of some sort)
Tank skid and tough rear bumper (I dragged these more than anything)
33's and lockers

The worst parts were going down into holes dug out by guys going the wrong way with 40"+ tires.

I heard a nasty rumor John and Phil (Washington's most built NAXJA rigs were skerred.) Don be skerred guys, you can come play too :)

The Busy Wild is now a ONE WAY trail,and there was signs telling that till someone tore them down, they will be putting more back-up soon,
there has been work in the muddy area to make it solid on the bottom and a LEGAL bypass has been established around the mud hole area for the people that want to use it.
there has been some work done on the camping area to give some level areas for tents.
I think I got this info correct from tonights PNW4WDA meeting in Tumwater.
If not... fire me....

mud1059 said:
Wasn't there a SEMA show 6 months ago?
Nope. The main SEMA show is the first weekend of November.

I would like to run the Busy again sometime, but I'm in a holding pattern on body damage (some of us do care, Paul ;)).

-----Matt-----

P.S. How was the meeting, Howard? I was planning on coming but the weather/traffic sucked too much.

hards91xj said:
The Busy Wild is now a ONE WAY trail,and there was signs telling that till someone tore them down, they will be putting more back-up soon,
there has been work in the muddy area to make it solid on the bottom and a LEGAL bypass has been established around the mud hole area for the people that want to use it.
there has been some work done on the camping area to give some level areas for tents.
I think I got this info correct from tonights PNW4WDA meeting in Tumwater.
If not... fire me....

You are 100% correct. I was at the work party and it now has a main trail corridor and a bypass for the hard stuff. I would have been at the meeting, but my club meeting was tonight.

Regardless, we will have fun on the busy. Nov 3rd.

Back