• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Run in nov/dec

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone down for a run on the weekend after thanksgiving or perhaps the following(first weekend of december).

Actually, the 27th is the new guys run for Lonestar Jeep Club. I don't belong yet, but I know some people that are going to run over there with me. I'd like to see some more XJs that weekend. Terry in Arlington:eyes:

Of october?

I should be at the Gilmer run with LSJC. I been waiting to test out all my new goodies and Gilmer is a perfet place for a trial run before Hot Springs run next month. I have never been to the Superlift park there but I have heard that is the one run you dont want to miss. Not to mention the guys from LSJC are a great group to wheel with.

I'll be in hot springs then, I was thinking something a little later, like the dates mentioned above.

I'd like to go. what is the best way to keep up with this / schedule / make reservations / etc. I've never been on an "official" trail ride, only had the new jeep for a few months and im itchin to see what she'll do.

No reservations needed. Just keep an eye out. I'd like to nail down one of these two dates, just gotta see what will work for who, and of course ask for time off.

Ramsey said:
I'll be in hot springs then, I was thinking something a little later, like the dates mentioned above.

Beatch you going to be polluting the air there! Now I might have to go someplace else!

That does sound good. I like gilmer because it is a sub $100 trip, well even at that price "like" might be the wrong word. Clayton rawks, not sure if it will be in the budget though.

Yeah, Gilmer is a $300+ trip for us. Clayton would be up there. We definately need to have a group run up there though. It is in our territory After all.

Your junk gonna be running anytime soon?

My junk always runs. It's just been 2wd for the better part of the last 3 years. The d-30 hates me. In all honesty I have almost talked myself into fixing it again. I think the problems have occured because of my lack of a front locker and using the truetrac as a locker. This has required liberal use of the brakes in low traction situations, putting massive strain on my ring and pinion.

Now all I need is an extra 1000 dollars. I will have that with my next paycheck, but my wife called dibs on a Nikon D200 :(.

BTW Mark, good to see you back on the forums.

a 2wd jeep isnt what i would call running

goodburbon said:
Now all I need is an extra 1000 dollars. I will have that with my next paycheck, but my wife called dibs on a Nikon D200 :(.

Well, just explain that her D70 does just fine at its job, but your 2WD jeep does NOT allow you to use it. Since I'm sure you'll do the explaining in a polite and calm fashion, she'll quickly see the logic and let you get the E-Locker you need. See? Easy.

goodburbon said:
You must have witnessed my lovely wife and I having logical discussions before.....

Everyone in a 3 block radius of your home has witnessed them....

Back