• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas guage no worky

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
93 auto, 8.25, 4" lift, problem is as stated, have recently replaced the fuel pump so I checked the wiring from that end, I have power to my guage it just always reads empty with the empty light on. Dont want to swap the cluster because recently applied white backgrounds and led rope lights.
I have tried running 3 jumper wires from the back of the guage in question and hooking them to my old 87 guage with no luck. What it seems is I have one ground wire, one wire has 12+ volts and the other reads in at around 9 volts. Can anyone help my with this, heading fishing this weekend and would love to have the guage back, its been gone for 2 yrs.

I am interested in this as well. Mine does the same thing. Actually if you drive it around, the needle moves up towards full! At about 1/2 tank, its actually empty.

Back