• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm Q

MrShaft696

NAXJA Forum User
I want to replace that thing behind my lower control arm on the body mount. It has those two adjuster screws to adjust the arms, well i broke off one of the bolts trying to mess with it, but I dont know what the part is called. What the hell is it called & what does it exactally do thanks!~

sounds like you broke the adjuster screw for the shims????

since your in west chester, go up to quadratech and see if they can help.

yeah I am confused if that is a part that drops out or is it welded into the control arm mount, wtf

My bolts broke and have adjustable CA's so I took it out and washerd the the inside of the bracket so it didn't crush when I tightened down the control arm bolts then put a washer on the out side of the control arm bolt head and welded a tab on the mount that would hit the washer if the control arm ever tried to move, so if you would need to move it, I don't know why you would need to adjust caster since most people go for adjustable arms which would do the same thing, you just take the washer off and grind down the tab.

lowrange2 said:
it is an adjuster for your caster angle... you loosen the nuts, slide the LCA forward and add a shim to change your caster angle.

right on I am on board with that, so I assume that part comes out and can be replaced then and its called a caster adjuster.

Also I am installing some adjustable lower arms which basically duplicates that adjustment?

Back