• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shell rotella and lucas

rickolis22

NAXJA Forum User
i'm due for an oil change and i've been reading a lot about shell rotella being good. i've been noticing what i think is lifter tap after start up lately. 94 xj with 160,000 miles on the 4.0. from what i've read i think i'm gonna try 5qt's of shell rotella 15w-40 and one quart of lucas oil stabilizer. what do you guys think? and also, do you think that would be too thick for the winter time. i live in st. louis.

I run 15w40 year round, try a half a can of seafoam in your crankcase a few hundred miles before your oil change, run the other half through a vacuum line on the intake.

thanks, i ran 1/3 a can through my brake booster vacuum line a couple months back, lots of smoke. runs smoother now. i'm kinda scared to put any in my crankcase.

nice selarep :D

I don't recommend the NEW CJ-4/SM Rotella. Get some stock Delo from walmart :thumbup:

Back