• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shorts Leafs

Ty2003K

NAXJA Forum User
Now I was almost positive ive read a question on this before, but after searching for some time I still came up with nothing.

So I am basically installing the RE5.5 in lift, or springs that is and once the rear was done I notice two things. First the shackle angle is basically pointing the wrong way (toward the axle). And second it seems like the leafs pushed the rear axle forward a lot. The rear tire does not look centered in the wheel well at all. And when I put the front axle back under the XJ the max wheel base I could get was 101 before the front drive shaft was maxed out.

So will these leaves settle down and give at least a vertical shackle angle? Or is there something else wrong?

did you put the leafs in the right way and not backwards? the centering pin has to be right.

The centering pin has to be right? I don't know what you mean buy this. But yes I believe they are in right, I don't know how they would actually fit backwards and I believe that would extend the wheel base.

To get the axle "centered"

and yes they can go in backwards, just depends on the idiot installing them, which may not be your case.

Let it settle a bit and see how it looks in a month or 6

Back