• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

length of belt for relocating alternator

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well i want to remount my alternator. ive been through 3-4 now in a span of 6 months and im getting tired of replacing it..even if theyre free with a lifetime warranty its still annoying. i can make the brackets but i dont know what length belt i should get

anybody whos done this what belt did you buy

wishihad1 said:
hey everybody

well i want to remount my alternator. ive been through 3-4 now in a span of 6 months and im getting tired of replacing it..even if theyre free with a lifetime warranty its still annoying. i can make the brackets but i dont know what length belt i should get

anybody whos done this what belt did you buy

I don't know either - but it would be easy to measure. Take a string or twine, run it around as you're going to re-route the belt, then measure the length of it. Do so with the adjuster (wherever that is - likely under the power steering pump) near the centre of its travel.

Measure the string where it compleats the loop, and get that length by six ribs wide. Flat belts are typically done in increments of one-half inch, so bear that in mind when you're asking.

Back