• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 3 Hub for a YJ

SPVFD47

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a XJ and MJ forum. I've gotten alot of help here for my XJ from some very knowledgeable people here and now I help for my YJ and can't seem find it. So heres the story....

I'm having a difficult time trying to locate the correct hub assembly for my YJ. For starters, its a 90 Wrangler with a Dana 30 Front Axle. Its the stock axle too. Heres, the story short and simple. Had some play in the front wheel. Took everything apart, discovered the hub was the cause. Called Napa up gave them my info and went and picked the hub up. Put it on and everything fits and lines up and the new hub looks like the old one. Go to put the rotor on and it doesn't fit. For some reason the clearances between the old and new are different by about 3/8" between the 2 flanges. I took the hub off my Cherokee and sat the 3 side by side ( YJ old and new and XJ). The Cherokee one looks different but the clearances are the same and the hub bolts on. The next day I go back to Napa and they pull all the hubs they have in stock for YJ's TJ's and XJ's. Nothing matches my old one. There doesn't not seem to be any factory part numbers on it. I've found a few online but right now am afraid to order anything in fear of it being the same situation as Napa and not being the right hub. Heres the info off the tag on the axle. Its reads just like this.

4.10 610319-4

I was able to find out that the 610319 means a 90-90½ YJ Dana 30 Front Disconnect. Don't know what the -4 means.

The only thing I can think of is that the spindles might be different. Tellico 4x4 has a hub that looks almost identical to mine. I'm gonna call them up tomorrow and see if they have a cut see with dimensions on it.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/1714_314/products_id/3329

That looks like my old hub... The inner bearing isn't flush with the hub assembly like the one off my XJ.

Any help is a appreciated. Thanks in advance. Doug

Are your knuckles one piece or two, look where the caliper mounts up, if that piece is bolted to the rest of the knuckle and not cast as one piece then you have the older style D-30 knuckles.

From what I can see by just looking under her with the tire still on its one piece. If I get a chance later today I'll the tire off and post some pics of it and the old hub... I do know this that the knuckle is different then my XJ. its a bit beefier and and not quite and as wide.

Re: Dana 30 Hub for a YJ (PICS)

DQKXgZsA1gcuXTFFnYsce9ic8sBgAZKM0300.jpg

Thwwf6em2gzYfAYBQ2leIjmiOndwQzej0300.jpg

alxLhH-CHSifb6jlSEX+hz5CneYrePwX0180.jpg
ff-qW7UKJgsyjBaz9OrmVv4VefHE+gaN0180.jpg

ryu4lCMQtHRzomDXj3JH5vLD4klE94Ts0180.jpg

If its a one piece then it should take the new hubs and rotors, the difference is in the rotors. You can use the old style rotors but you need to use the old style hubs like what is found on 88 and older XJ's.

I think I have that correct, maybe someone else will help us out.

Heres what confuses me thou... the Napa store gave me a a hub that looks exactly like the one old (YJ), the only thing is the clearance between the flange where the rotor mounts and the flange that mounts to the knuckle\. I'm wondering now if maybe by some chance someone put the wrong rotors on and it messed that hub up. I'm gonna take the other side apart next weekend and see what it has. I also found this number on one of the flanges on the old hub. 219-9-KH2. Don't know what it means.

Back