• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rocking front dana 30

BoostedHULK

NAXJA Forum User
i'm havin' some trouble findin' a thread on rocking the front axle when you lift. If anyone could help me out with a link, that'd be great.
Thanks,
HULK

i need to "roll" the axle forward to get the pinion angle correct, but i wanted to get some info. on how people did it. Whether they had the axles pressed back in where they wanted or if they cut the outters off?

do you have adj. uppers or lowers? if so thats how you would adjust it, if not on the jeep side of the lower control arm you could put spacers, but i wouldnt mess with it, i would do the long arm first

alright, thanks a lot for the help, greatly appreciated.

how high before you need to cut the outters? (on any axle, just a general "rule of thumb")

If you get your caster right, your pinion angle will probably be wrong. Rather than swapping in an axle, or spending all that time hacking up your 30, just pull your front driveshaft. I've got a couple buddies that get crazy vibrations on the highway, so they just leave the front driveshaft out until they get to the trail. Also gives you a reason to get under your jeep after a day in the woods so you can check for damage.

Back