• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added Teraflex Shackles and Spacers and more. pics

Bonebag

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a noob..Even more so than before with the data loss..so Here's a pic of my recent XJ aquisition.She's a 93/4.0/5 speed I nabbed for cheap....I just added the Teraflex Shackles and Spacers with Skyjacker 7000 Hydros all around. I didn't put the boots on cause I hate them:thumbup: Also..new brakes all around, new stainless bolts and nuts wherever I could put them..new sway bar linkages, new front springs off an YJ and he 30x9.5x15 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's...I don't plan on doing a ton of wheeling..but when I do..a slightly used set of Junker knobblies is cheaper than crappy handling on the road as a DD. The lift was a royal pain..and I just should have went straight to 3" with all the broken bolts/brake lines/nuts/you name it...it took about 20 hours to complete with all the crap..but we did take the rear axle out to install a locker....but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I rides a little rougher..but it's way tight and little to no body roll. The ass end even sits a bit higher than the front so it looks alright as well. I hope these pics will help anyone looking to do the same...You guys have been a lot of help..thanks
jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

Last edited:
Matt98XJ said:
I don't think those leaves are gonna last long.

Yeah, stock leaves on a 93 with untold miles on them.

Good call.

:anon:

Bonebag is a Nikonian. I was thinking about f4 when I saw the pic. Nice camera you've got there. :D Using a VR lens?

ECKSJAY said:

Good call.

Bonebag is a Nikonian. I was thinking about f4 when I saw the pic. Nice camera you've got there. :D Using a VR lens?

Not sure on the springs..hopefully they'll last a bit...they flex nice

Yup..VR70-200/D2X Close..F3.5 1/160 always handheld..the only time I EVER use a tripod is in a church:looser:

How exactly did the front YJ springs work out?:laugh3:

Looks good by the way. I want one like that right now.

My pal was going to do a coil spring conversion on his TJ..they were just sitting in his shop and when we got the XJ's Springs out..he said..he..these measure up to be exactly the same..do you want to try them..so we did. They were new..so what the hell...they seem to working just fine:roll:

ECKSJAY said:

Good call.

I meant with that long ass shackle. Don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic or not.

Matt98XJ said:
I meant with that long ass shackle. Don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic or not.

I'm always sarcastic. That's a 1.5" shackle, no different than everyone else's except for maybe a bit cheaper. ;)

One thing I've learned over the years is that the shackle has nil to do with spring wear...but more the fact that guys are now WHEELING on old springs that were never wheeled on before. Positive and negative arch wear on stock springs really fast, but the only thing the Algoreweb Einsteins deduct is that it MUST have been the shackles because damnit, that never happened before. :doh:

BB, nice setup. I'm anxious for the D3/D300 release. Still trying to scheme a way into getting one of each. I love that lens you used, too. :D I've got a D70 and a few meager lenses at the moment. My favorite is the 50/1.8. :wave:

200907553-O.jpg

Not to into the D200..I'll look at the D300 when she's out..I mainly use the D2X's..once you use one of those...it's really bloody hard to use anything else. I do shoot a couple of D80's I picked up a few months ago as backups and for when I'm on the Motorbike (R1200GS)..The sensor is as good as the D200 (except at higher ISO's) and it's nice and small..even with the grip...Nice Rig!!

Nope on the Sticker...it's a Barracuda Magazine Sticker and some funky motorbike Euro warning sticker....

Back